c ChuanFeng
on

Hi,

I have used Pinnacle 21 Community to create Define Spec file and filled in dataset and variables information, then used it to create Define xml file.  I am seeing DD0029, "Required attribute def:ExtendedValue is missing or empty", message from the Define xml validation.  

I have created codelist based on SDTM Terminology 2020-11-06, and I am seeing DD0029 messages related to some, but not all, of the LOC (Anatomical Location) codelist items.  I understand that LOC is a extensible codelist, but the message is about the items that are already included in the codelist.  For example, "ABDUCENS NERVE" is okay with the validation, but the 3 examples highlighted in bold are not.

<CodeList OID="CL.LOC" Name="Anatomical Location" DataType="text">

. . .

<CodeListItem CodedValue="ABDUCENS NERVE" OrderNumber="8">
               <Decode>
                  <TranslatedText xml:lang="en">Abducens Nerve</TranslatedText>
               </Decode>
               <Alias Name="C12665" Context="nci:ExtCodeID"/>
            </CodeListItem>
            <CodeListItem CodedValue="ABDUCTOR DIGITI MINIMI MUSCLE OF THE HAND" OrderNumber="9">
               <Decode>
                  <TranslatedText xml:lang="en">Abductor Digiti Minimi Muscle of the Hand</TranslatedText>
               </Decode>
               <Alias Name="C165996" Context="nci:ExtCodeID"/>
            </CodeListItem>
            <CodeListItem CodedValue="ABDUCTOR DIGITI QUINTI MUSCLE" OrderNumber="10">
               <Decode>
                  <TranslatedText xml:lang="en">Abductor Digiti Minimi Muscle</TranslatedText>
               </Decode>
               <Alias Name="C163504" Context="nci:ExtCodeID"/>
            </CodeListItem>

The following are the columns included in the Codelists tab, so I don't see an option for me to specify attribute for ExtendedValue.

ID         Name          NCI Codelist Code       Data Type        Order         Term          NCI Term Code       Decoded Value

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Forums: Define.xml

Sergiy
on April 13, 2021

Hi ChuanFeng, 

Please ensure that you use correct version of CDISC SDTM CT for validation.

For example, "ABDUCTOR DIGITI MINIMI MUSCLE OF THE HAND" term was introduced in SDTM-CT 2019-12-20. If during validation you utilize early versions of CDISC SDTM CT, then this term will be considered as an extension of standard SDTM CT.

Kind Regards,
Sergiy

c ChuanFeng
on April 13, 2021

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for the good reminder.

ChuanFeng

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.