s Saravanan
on

Hi,

The length for a value of 123.5 was assigned as 4 in our define.xml

The SignificantDigits was assigned as 1.

For the above case we get a P21 SD1231 Error as shown below.

VSTESTCD=WEIGHT(123.5)	SD1231	- VSORRES value is longer than defined max length 4 when VSTESTCD == 'WEIGHT'

We were able to eliminate the error by assigning  a length of 5 for the above case(123.5)

But, As per Define-XML-2-0-Specification, the definition of float variable is "The largest allowable whole number width plus the maximum number of decimal digits."

As per Define-XML-2-1-Specification_Draft, the business rule states that "if DataType=float, Length=N and SignificantDigits=S is a requirement that the receiving system be able to process and store all numeric values of magnitude less than 10^N-S that are multiples of 10-S." For example, if the value has a pattern xxx.xx, then Length=5 and S=2."

Can you provide clarity about how we should arrive at the value of Length and SignificantDigits (Ex for a value of 123.5)

PS: the define.xml input sheet generated using P21 assigns the length as 4, but the define.xml validator expects a length of 5.

Thank you for looking into this.

-Saravanan

Forums: Define.xml

j Jaymin
on November 12, 2019

I see same issue as mentioned above. I am facing this for 8 length for AVAL. GFR PARAMCD has more than few decimals and which is crossing 8 length. So was just wondering if this can be resolved with ~ASDATA or it has something to do with display format.

AVAL value is longer than defined max length 8 when PARAMCD == 'GFR'

Now point is AVAL is numeric and it can't be more then 8 length for numeric variable. I applied 12-13 length at value level and it has resolved the issue.
I am hoping that it is correct solution but It would be great If you can please help me to understand this correctly. Thank you.
- Jaymin Thakkar

y Yuta
on November 19, 2019

I posted the same question to SEND Implementation Forum of the PhUSE (https://www.phusewiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=SEND_Implementation_Forum) a month ago. I hope that a common and correct understanding will be established. Thank you very much.

- Yuta

j Jozef
on November 20, 2019

Saw the post on the Phusewiki ...
All I can say is that the Define.xml spec is NOT wrong! The specification is the specification ... That is why standards specifications are for ...

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.