r Reema
on

Hi All,

The check SD0040 only checks for inconsistent test names against same test code. Does it also check if 2 different testcodes use the same Test name?

This contradicts to what ADaM rule says, as per ADaM rule, AD0142, for a given value of Parameter name (PARAM), all values of Parameter code (PARAMCD) should be the same.

We have seen this case in one of our trials, where 2 different questionnaire panels use the same QSTEST for 2 different QSTESTCD with different QSCAT. And the Open CDISC does not throw any warning message when run on final SDTM output.

As we create ADaM from SDTM, this results in a discrepancy.

Please suggest what shall be the next steps for this case.

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on September 3, 2013

Hi Reema, 

Could you provide examples? I could not find any inconsistencies in 1:1 relationship between QSTEST/QSTESTCD terms in the current CDISC QS Terminology. 

Thank you, 

Sergiy

r Reema
on September 3, 2013

Hi Sergiy,

We have not been using CDISC QS terminology for our current studies. I agree that this will hold true if we adopt the QS terminology.

But for now what we saw was 2 different questionnaire panel (CGI score, in Severity and Global Impression) had used same labels for 2 different items. So, in SDTM it appears with 2 different QSTESTCD but same QSTEST. And Open CDISC did not show any warning message for this.

As we use SDTM to build ADaM, it did come up as a warning for the analysis datasets. Hence, I raised this question. For now, we just left it as is.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Reema

s Sergiy
on September 3, 2013

It's a bad practice. I would highly recommend to create/keep an unique code for each question/test name across all questionnaires, lab categories, etc.

Regards, 

Sergiy

r Reema
on September 3, 2013

Hi Sergiy,

The QSTESTCD is unique here but it is the QSTEST that is same.

Regards,

Reema

s Sergiy
on September 3, 2013

There are two checks, which together cover 1:1 concistency in --TEST/--TESTCD values.

SD0040: Inconsistent value for --TEST within --TESTCD

SD1043: Inconsistent value for --TESTCD within --TEST

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.