m Michael
on

We have 4,000 records in DA, with DATEST="Number Dispensed" or "Number Returned". These records are flagged with Warning CT0007 because these two terms don't match targeted controlled terminology "Dispensed Amount" and "Returned Amount".

The SDTM IG states that DATEST should be "Verbatim name, corresponding to the topic variable, of the test or examination used to obtain the drug accountability assessment. The value in DATEST cannot be longer than 40 characters. Example: Dispensed Amount, Returned Amount."

So, I don't think we're "breaking" SDTM with our DA, and my dilemna is what to do with the warning message. For external reasons, I can't change the DA contents, so: Should I ignore the warning? Should I try to explain it in a reviewer's guide? Should I modify define.xml to add a codelist for DATEST which includes these two terms?

If any reader has ideas or thoughts to share - please do! Thanks!

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on June 18, 2012

Hi Mike, 

I think technically you are safe. Yes, it is a good practice to use the CDISC Terminology codelist values by conversion/mapping of collected data. However in your case the (DATEST) is an extensible codelist and you may add your own values. Do not forget to include them into define.xml.

Best Regards,

Sergiy Sirichenko

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.