b Bedeoan
on

Hi,

I'm getitng some validation warnings I don't really understand, like:

CT0050 - Value for BGORRESU not found in (UNIT) CT codelist - for value "kg / day".

But my define.xml contains the entry for all 3 units used in BG.xpt (however just for kg / day CT0050 is trigerred).

And "CL.C71620.UNIT" is Extensible, so theoretically I have the right to add user-defined values to the CodeList.

<CodeList OID="CL.C71620.UNIT" Name="Unit" DataType="text">                 
               <CodeListItem CodedValue="%">
                    <Decode>
                        <TranslatedText>%</TranslatedText>
                    </Decode>
                </CodeListItem>    
                <CodeListItem CodedValue="g">
                    <Decode>
                        <TranslatedText>g</TranslatedText>
                    </Decode>
                </CodeListItem>    
                <CodeListItem CodedValue="kg">
                    <Decode>
                        <TranslatedText>kg</TranslatedText>
                    </Decode>
                </CodeListItem>    
                <CodeListItem CodedValue="kg / day">
                    <Decode>
                        <TranslatedText>kg / day</TranslatedText>
                    </Decode>
                </CodeListItem>   

Any idea why is this happening?

Best regards,

Amelia

Forums: Validation Rule Suggestions

s Sergiy
on September 19, 2013

Hi Amelia, 

• CTxxxx checks compare data vs. standard terminology.
  • SD0037 check ensure that user's codelist does correctly describe actual data. 

In v1.4.1 the algorithm of CTxxxx checks were changed to report values which are not standard terms even if they are included in define.xml as a user's custom codelist.

For "extensible" codelists like (UNIT) you receive not a Warning, but a Notice message. It does not mean, that something is definitely wrong. The checks identify values outside of standard CT for further analysis if new user's terms are good and correct extensions.

In your example a "kg / day" value is probably not the best new term, because it does not follow a parten of existing similar standard terms in CT (UNIT) codelist. E.g., "mg/day", g/day", "g/kg/day", etc. I would remove extra space characters from your term like "kg/day" to make a new extensible term format consistent with standard terms.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

b Bedeoan
on September 20, 2013

Hi Sergiy,

You are right :) I didn't noticed that the message's level is "Notice" and not "Warning". I will follow your recommendation related to the unit. Thank you!

One other question: for a MISEV cell with value "Grade 0" I get the following 2 errors:

CT1023    Value for MISEV not found in (SEV) CT codelist    Error
SD0037    Value for MISEV not found in (Severity) user-defined codelist    Error

My define.xml contains only "MILD" and "MODERATE" under the "CL.C90000.SEV" CodeList; "Grade 0" is not present under "CL.C90000.SEV", because the CodeList is not extensible.

In the situation of a NOT extensible CodeList, it is normal not to add the user-defined term in define.xml. And I would expect to get CT1023, but not SD0037... Or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Amelia

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.