d Dave
on

I'm validating a Define 2.0 file and I'm getting an unexpected error.  In the Define-XML v2.0.0 specification, section 4.2.1, the list of data types includes a number of new values for partial date and datetime values and duration, specifically partialDate, partialTime, partialDatetime, incompleteDatetime, and durationDatetime.  However, test OD0075 seems to still be validating against the shorter list from Define 1.0: "The DataType attribute for ItemDef element must have a value of 'integer', 'float', 'date', 'datetime', 'time', or 'text'."

Should that test have been updated to permit the additional data type values?  Or is there something I'm missing?

Forums: Define.xml

s Sergiy
on April 16, 2015

Hi Dave, 

Now we are re-designing the whole process of define.xml validation. More accurate and robust validation will be available in new versions.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

d Dave
on April 16, 2015

Sergiy--

Thanks!  For the time being, I found a fix that works.  It's easy enough to go into config/schematron and update the appropriate lines in define-2.0.xsl and define-2.0.sch to add the additional permitted values.  Once I did that, I was able to run my report without errors.

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.