j Jassi
on

Getting a error DD0015 while referring SAS codes in define.xml v.2.0. I am getting this error while referring to leaf ID in the comments section of define.xml.  I am getting the same error if I am running the validation tool on the sample adam define.xml given on CDISC website.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jassi

Forums: Define.xml

j Jozef
on March 14, 2016

Can you publish the snippet (is it def:CommentDef?)?
As one of the developers of the define-XML 2.0 standard, I can probably easily find out whether something or what is wrong.

j Jassi
on March 14, 2016

<def:CommentDef OID="COM.ADSL">

<Description>

<TranslatedText>DM,EX,DS,VS,SUPPDS,PE</TranslatedText>

</Description>

<def:DocumentRef leafID="LF.ADSL.PGM"/>

</def:CommentDef>

In the dataset metadata, I am trying to display SAS code under "Documentation" Section.

j Jozef
on March 14, 2016

Ok, now, there should also be a def:leaf element as one of the last child elements of MetaDataVersion. Like:

<def:leaf ID="LF.ADSL.PGM" xlink:href="../programs/adsl-sas.txt">
        <def:title>adsl.sas</def:title>
</def:leaf>

Important is then that there is indeed a file "adsl-sas.txt" in the sibling folder "programs". If there isn't, error DD0015 is thrown. Decisive is the path that is given in the attribute "xlink:href". The content of "def:title" is unimportant, it's just a ... title.

j Jassi
on March 14, 2016

I have the following code as the last child element of my define.xml:

<def:leaf ID="LF.ADSL.PGM" xlink:href="d0_adsl.sas">

<def:title>adsl.sas</def:title>

</def:leaf>

And the ".sas" exists in the correct folder. The links are working fine in define.xml but I am still error which running open cdisc.

Jassi

j Jozef
on March 14, 2016

Thanks,

I could reproduce what you are reporting.
I think we will need to await the reaction from someone from P21 to find out what is wrong. Unfortunately the source code is not available anymore, otherwise I could easily find out and maybe even correct if necessary.

s Sergiy
on March 16, 2016

Hi Jassi, 

I cannot reproduce your case including usage of your sample code from define file.

Could you send to us your define.xml file for diagnostics?

Thank you, 

Sergiy (at) opencdisc (dot) org

j Jassi
on March 16, 2016

Hi Sergiy,

I have emailed you my define.xml at sergiy@opencdisc.org. Please check your email.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jassi

s Sergiy
on March 16, 2016

Hi Jassi,

Thank you for sending a sample define file.

The error is due to a missing reference to the document in <def:SupplementalDoc>

Your file (starting on row 23):

<def:SupplementalDoc>

<def:DocumentRef leafID="LF.ADRG"/>

</def:SupplementalDoc>

Correct way:

<def:SupplementalDoc>

<def:DocumentRef leafID="LF.ADRG"/>

</def:SupplementalDoc>

I performed quick diagnostics and correction by importing your define file into Pinn21 Community which generates excel specs and then generating new define file from those excel specs. Import process corrected this metadata inconsistency error automatically. 

Regards, 

Sergiy

j Jozef
on March 16, 2016

Dear Sergiy,

As one of the developers of as well define.xml 1.0 as 2.0, I want to make the following remark:

Of course I haven't seen Jassi's file (he may always send it to me, so that I can have a visual inspection), but as I understand it, Jassi used the def:DocumentRef within a def:CommentDef element:

<def:CommentDef OID="COM.ADSL">
<Description><TranslatedText>DM,EX,DS,VS,SUPPDS,PE</TranslatedText></Description>

</def:CommentDef>

In such a case, the define.xml specification does not require to repeat the def:DocumentRef again in the def:SupplementalDoc element, having it in def:CommentDef alone suffices.

With best regards,

Jozef

j Jassi
on March 16, 2016

Hi Jozef,

Can you provide me your email? I will email you my define.xml.

Regards,

Jassi

j Jozef
on March 16, 2016

E-Mail: well known by CDISC implementers ... Jozef-dot-Aerts-at-XML4Pharma-dot-com

l Lex
on March 16, 2016

I agree with what Jozef is stating. Not every document reference does need to be part of def:SupplementalDoc.

s Sergiy
on March 17, 2016

I understand and also agree with both of you.

However, a text in Define.XML standard is confusing and formally requires "def:SupplementalDoc" to be populated (#4.5, on page 42):

"If a supplemental document is provided, the Define-XML should include a def:SupplementalDoc element"

l Lex
on March 17, 2016

Agreed. The text about supplemental documents in the Define-XML specification can certainly be improved and be made more clear. We will do this for the next version.

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.