d Daisuke
on

Hi,

I am getting the warning message DD0028 for some codes in Codelist "Unit".

Examples are below :

<CodeListItem CodedValue="IU/L" OrderNumber="16">
          <Decode>
            <TranslatedText xml:lang="en">IE/L; IU/L; International Unit per Liter; mIU/mL</TranslatedText>
          </Decode>
          <Alias Name="C67376" Context="nci:ExtCodeID" />
        </CodeListItem>

<CodeListItem CodedValue="TABLET" OrderNumber="26">
          <Decode>
            <TranslatedText xml:lang="en">Tablet Dosing Unit; tab</TranslatedText>
          </Decode>
          <Alias Name="C48542" Context="nci:ExtCodeID" />
        </CodeListItem>

<Alias Name="C71620" Context="nci:ExtCodeID" />
      </CodeList>

How should I resolve this issue ?

PINNACLE21 Community 2.1.3, Define.xml (PMDA) config, Controlled termnology version 2017-09-29

Thanks, Daisuke

Forums: Define.xml

j Jozef
on February 7, 2018

One obvious error I immediately see is the "OrderNumber" attribute on CodeListItem. This attribute is not allowed to be present.
I haven't tested however whether that is the cause of the DD0028 error.

l Lex
on February 7, 2018

OrderNumber is actually allowed on the CodeListItem element. It was introduced in ODM 1.3.2 that came with Define-XML 2.0. Also, I’m not sure whether it is causing the issue, but I would not expect to see multiple values in the Decode/TranslatedText. These are multiple aliases separated by semi-colons.

j Jozef
on February 7, 2018

Thank you for remembering me Lex! OrderNumber is indeed allowed. I made an error. My apologies!
I just did a test with a define.xml file with "OrderNumber"s on CodeListItem, and it does not cause the DD0028 error. So it must be something else.
So I checked the NCI codes C67376 and C48542 and they both seem to be OK (I used the CDISC-CT RESTful web services at http://xml4pharmaserver.com/WebServices/index.html#CDISCCT), returning "IU/L'" and "TABLET". Also the code "C71620" for the "UNIT" codelist is correct.
As Lex stated, I also would not expect multiple values in the Decode/TranslatedText, so I also I did a test on that in a test file, and I did not get a DD0028 error either.
So I copied Daisuke's XML snippet into a test file and tested different scenarios, but could not reproduce the reported issue, at least not when using Validator v.2.1.3 with CT version 2017-09-29.

Daisuke, do you get the same error when selecting another version of CDISC-CT? That would make it easier to track the cause ...

Please also take into account that everything in XML is case sensitive, and so are the codes and NCI codes. Also a trailing blank can be "deadly" or a problem with character encodings.

d Daisuke
on February 7, 2018

Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt comments.

When I used other version of CT (2017-06-30) and other version of PINNACLE21 (v2.2.0), I got same issue.

Thanks, Daisuke.

j Jozef
on February 7, 2018

If you want (and are allowed to do so), you can always send me the file, so that I can use some of my "special" tools to find out what the cause is.
I suspect a trailing blank or a character encoding problem or something minor that is not obvious at first sight.

s Sergiy
on February 8, 2018

Hi Daisuke, 

NCI Code C67376 represents different terms in (UNIT) and (PKUNIT) CDISC CT: "IU/L" and "mIU/mL".

You may get DD0028 message if you utilize your codelist for PPORRESU or PPSTRESU variables.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.