c Craig
on

Hi,

We do NOT use P21 to create our Define.XML outputs however we do use P21 to validate our Define.XML outputs. Currently we are running version 3.0.0 and I have noticed the following message and I am not sure why it is appearing:

DD0102 - Invalid Annotated CRF document name - Guidance provided by regulatory agencies (FDA and PMDA) states that the Annotated CRF should be provided as a PDF with the file name 'acrf.pdf'.

Within our Define.XML package the annotated CRF file is called "acrf.pdf" and within the XML code the LF name is "LF.acrf" so why does this message appear? Is this a bug?

Thanks
Craig

Forums: Define.xml

j Jozef
on May 21, 2019

Hi Craig,

In def:leaf, do you also have:
xlink:href="acrf.pdf"

I think that it is this is what is checked
(xlink:href means "hyperlink reference")

Best regards,
Jozef

c Craig
on May 21, 2019

Hi Jozef,

I decided to tidy my Define.XML package up a bit and include some subfolders, so the "href" is slightly different to account for this:

<def:leaf ID="LF.acrf" xlink:href="./resources/acrf.pdf">

I have included a "resources" subfolder for the Reviewer's Guide, Complex algorithms and aCRF. I did assume this may be the reason.

Thanks
Craig

j Jozef
on May 21, 2019

Hi Craig,
With the construct you give above, do you still get the error?
In the past, I have seen cases where the validator does not accept anything else than:
xlink:href="acrf.pdf"

i.e. assumes that the only valid location is the one where also the define.xml resides.

So, if you use:
xlink:href="./resources/acrf.pdf"
it might not resolve the path. It should only look at the very last part of the path (i.e. the filename without the directories) and then check whether that is indeed "acrf.pdf", but then also check whether the file is really in the given location.

Interesting test case for my "comparison of validators" ... :-)

Jozef

c Craig
on May 21, 2019

Hi Jozef,

So after some testing:

1. With the xlink:href="./resources/acrf.pdf" - I did get the ERROR.
  2. With the xlink:href="./acrf.pdf" - I did get the ERROR.
  3. With the xlink:href="acrf.pdf" - I did NOT get the ERROR. 

Worth noting, in all examples above all the links work as expected.

Thanks
Craig

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.