i igor
on

Hi Team,

When I try to complete Description column for value-level metadata of SUPP datasets, the description text does not appear in generated define.xml. It looks like corresponding /Itemdef elements are not created during define generation. Is it known issue of latest version? 

thanks,

Igor 

Forums: Define.xml

j Jozef
on May 20, 2019

For such issues, ALWAYS look into the "source" XML of the define.xml itself. You can easily do so using an (usually not expensive) XML editor, or even using NotePad++.
Is the "Description" element not present on the ItemDef as a child element, or it it a stylesheet issue?

You can always contact me directly for more details - I am one of the developers of the CDISC Define-XML standard.

With best regards,

Jozef Aerts
XML4Pharma

i igor
on May 20, 2019

Hi Jozef,

It is not stylesheet issue, but the problem of the Pinnacle21 define.xml generator. 

I just did a quick test. 
Here is the part of my spec with test Description text added: 

spec

When define.xml is created from this spec using Pinnacle21 v3.0.0 I just can't find this text at all in xml file:

not_found

thanks,

Igor

i igor
on June 18, 2019

Will the issue above be updated in next release of Pinnacle21 community, if so, when it is expected?

btw, exactly the same issue happens with the Value-Level Comment column of the spec. This column is completely ignored by the Define.xml generator in latest version of Pinnacle21 community, which makes this generator tool almost useless for end users. 

thanks,

Igor 

Philipp
on June 26, 2019

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the feedback!

This issue with Value Level Comments and Descriptions is a known define generator bug. It was resolved by our team.

We will provide a fix in the next Community update, which will be released soon.

Thanks,

Philipp

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.