p Pierre
on

Hi, I think check OD0019 should be updated to allow SAS format name longer than 8 characters. I got an error in a CodeList Element saying that my SASFormatName attribute was not valid even though it was less than 32 characters and respected the SAS format naming convention. Moreover, nothing in the Define.xml 2.0 specifications states that a SAS format name should be <=8 characters (see page 82 of Define.xml 2.0 specifications). I think this check should be updated accordingly. Thanks Pierre

Forums: Define.xml

s Sergiy
on August 25, 2014

Hi Pierre,

Submission data may use only SAS native formats with all names =< 8 characters.

Kind Regards,

Sergiy

p Pierre
on September 10, 2014

Hi, Either you are right and the Define-XML 2.0 specifications are wrong or the other way around. If you look at the example in Define-XML 2.0 specifications on page 25, you'll see a SASFormatName="$AESEV", which for me, is obviously not a SAS native format. Moreover, I think if you're testing OpenCDISC against an XML dataset, then you should allow for SASFormatName longer than 8 characters. I agree that it should be <=8 for XPT datasets though. Thanks Pierre

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.