s Sophie
on

Hi,

I got the following error :

"QRS Method, VISUAL ANALOG SCALE (100 MM) DD0029 Required attribute def:ExtendedValue is missing or empty."

I will add the following explanation in the csdrg : The def:ExtendedValue attribute is required when the CodedValue is an extended value.
"VISUAL ANALOG SCALE (100 MM)" is part of CDISC codelist (version 2019_06_28) with NCI code = C158268. So def:ExtendedValue is left empty and NCI code is well-presented in the define.xml.

Then, I also got the following error :

"QSMETHOD, QRS Method, C158113, QSMETHOD, Method, C85492 DD0118NCI Code 'C158113' for Codelist 'QRS Method' on Variable 'QSMETHOD' does not match NCI Code 'C85492' for Standard Codelist 'Method' for Variable 'QSMETHOD'"

I will add the following explanation in the csdrg : Codelist "QRS Method" must be used instead of codelist "Method" for QSMETHOD.

Forums: Define.xml

Sergiy
on August 25, 2020

Hi Sophie, 

I think that your explanations are correct.

Kind Regards,
Sergiy

j Jozef
on August 25, 2020

Hi Sophie! Good to hear from you ...

To extend on Sergiy's answer ...
You wrote that "So def:ExtendedValue is left empty"...
Please take into account that in the define.xml, there is a difference between an attribute value being empty, and the attribute pair being absent.

So, for your case, do NOT use: def:ExtendedValue="" (empty attribute value) when it IS a CDISC term from the codelist. In such a case, you should completely omit the attribute PAIR (key-value).

With best regards,

Jozef

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.