d David
on

Hello,

I am trying to prevent a rule from running on a particular domain by customizing the config file but I am unable to get the desired results. Can you help. I added the 'when' statement to SD0017 but I still get the message in the Excel file. Our company has a special domain called MQ and the lengths of MQTEST are always longer thatn 40 so I want this check to be ignored for that domain.

<val:Regex ID="SD0017" Variable="%Domain%TEST" Test=".{0,40}" When="%Domain%Domain != 'MQ'" Message="Invalid value for --TEST variable" Description="Identifies records that violate condition [LENGTH(Name of Measurement, Test or Examination) less than or equal to 40 characters]" Category="Format" Type="Warning" Severity="Low"/>

Regards,

David

Forums: Validation Rule Suggestions

t Tim
on March 20, 2010

Hi David,

Changing your When condition to the following should provide the behaviour that you're looking for:

When="DOMAIN != 'MQ'"

An alternative solution is to create an explicit ItemGroupDef in your configuration for this domain that references all of the rules you wish to run, but excludes the reference to rule SD0017.

Regards,

Tim

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.