j Joan
on

Please note the Events class has been extended to include --LLT, --LLTCD, --PTCD, --HLT, --HLTCD, --HLGT, --HLGTCD, --BDYCD, --SOC, and --SOCCD.  It does not seem as if the extension is limited to AE (see pg. 3 amendment 1 list [vers 1.0 final]).  Since MH and CE terms can be MedDRA coded, should SD0058 be updated for Amendment 1?  As of now, it triggers a warning for MH and CE for the MedDRA hierarchy terms.   Thank you

Joan

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on May 21, 2012

Hi Joan, 

Yes, you are right. The OpenCDISC Amend 1 specifications should be fixed to include new MedDRA variables to all Events Class domains and not be limited to AE only. Now you expect to receive a warning if you use them in MH or CE, but you will be fine with any custom Events domains.

BTW, MedDRA related checks SD2007-2016 are assigned to all Events domains, but set to be inactive. You can manually turn them on, if needed.

Thank you for reported issue!

Best Regards,

Sergiy Sirichenko

j Joan
on July 24, 2012

Hi,

However, I don't see that it has been fixed in implentation in recent validator versions posted to the svn.opencdisc.org updates area. For example 1045 configuration / amendment 1.  Warnings still appearing for MH, CE.

Thank you.

- Joan

s Sergiy
on July 25, 2012

Hi Joan,

I posted my personal opinion. The question if MedDRA checks should be included for all Events domain is still under discussion. Therefore it’s not implemented yet.

Best Regards,

Sergiy Sirichenko

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.