b Bedeoan
on

Hello all,

When processing a dataset that contains tumor.xpt and define.xml entries for it, the OpenCDISC Validator reports:

SD0061 - "Domain referenced in define.xml but dataset is missing": "Domains referenced in data definition document (define.xml) should be included in the submission".

The dataset contains the tumor.xpt file and define.xml references it correctly (I think):

<ItemGroupDef OID="TUMOR" Name="TUMOR" Repeating="Yes" SASDatasetName="TUMOR" Purpose="Tabulation" def:Label="Tumor Dataset For Statistical Analysis" def:Structure="One record per tumor per specimen per subject" def:Class="Findings" def:DomainKeys="" def:ArchiveLocationID="ARCHIVELOCATION.TUMOR">
                <ItemRef ItemOID="TUMOR.STUDYNUM" Mandatory="Yes" OrderNumber="1" Role="IDENTIFIER" RoleCodeListOID="CL.ROLES"/>
                <ItemRef ItemOID="TUMOR.ANIMLNUM" Mandatory="Yes" OrderNumber="2" Role="TOPIC" RoleCodeListOID="CL.ROLES"/>
                <def:leaf xlink:href="tumor.xpt" ID="ARCHIVELOCATION.TUMOR">
                    <def:title>tumor.xpt</def:title>
                </def:leaf>
            </ItemGroupDef>

Can anyone please share some light on why is this warning reported?

Thank you,

Amelia

Forums: Validation Rule Suggestions

s Sergiy
on December 12, 2012

Hi!

We need to inverstigate the issue.

However I guess that it because the tumor.xpt dataset is not a standard CDISC data type (e.g. SDTM or ADaM) and the validator doesn't recognize such data. 

We are planning to add a tumor.xpt validation soon, which wil fix the reported issue.

Thank you, 

Sergiy

b Bedeoan
on December 12, 2012

Hi Sergiy,

Looking forward to see the Validator for tumor.xpt :) What is the aprox. date of release?

If a temporary version is already on SVN, I would like to give it a try.

Best regards,

Amelia

s Sergiy
on December 12, 2012

The v1.4 release will be very soon.

However I am not sure that tumor.xpt validation will be included. 

s Sergiy
on December 26, 2012

Hi Amelia, 

A tumor.xpt file is not a Tabulation Findings domain. It's a legacy Analysis data. You should not keep it in an eCTD "send" folder. 

e.g., 

m4

_ datasets

_ _ examplestudyname

_ _ _ analysis

_ _ _ _ legacy

_ _ _ _ _ tumor.xpt

_ _ _ tabulations

_ _ _ _ send

_ _ _ _ _dm.xpt, etc.

Best Regards, 

Sergiy Sirichenko

b Bedeoan
on January 7, 2013

Hi Sergyi,

Yes, you are right - the tumor.xpt file must be placed separately since it's not a CDISC data but a legacy data.

If I'm not mistaking, it should be accompanied by define.xml and define.pdf files, placed on the same level as the tumor.xpt file. Do you think that you could provide a sample of define.xml / define.pdf for tumor.xpt, please?

Best regards and a happy New Year to all of you, guys!

Amelia

s Sergiy
on January 8, 2013

Hi Amelia, 

Happy New Year to you too!

Yes, you need to provide a define file for all your data and programs.

Unfortunately I do not have good examples to share. You can find one on FDA website:

See http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/FormsSubmissionRequirements/ElectronicSubmissions/ucm149719.htm

Find, download and unzip "Example.zip [683 Kb]" file.

Go to "...example\N123456\pharmtox\datasets\101" folder.

However keep in mind that those example is more about eCTD structure, rather than define file content.

1. At this point I would recommend you to use only define.pdf file in favor of define.xml for tumor.xpt dataset. 

2. Use Comments fields to provide Source and Computational Algorithm for each variable. E.g., SPECIES variable Comments:

"Source: DM.SPECIES;

Computational Algorithm: if DM.SPECIES = 'MOUSE' then SPECIES = 'M'; else if DM.SPECIES = 'RAT' then SPECIES = 'R'"

or "... if DM.SPECIES = 'MOUSE' then TUMOR.SPECIES = 'M' ..."

3. Add any other relevant details in Comments to provide clear and full description.

4. Consider to include a program which was used to generate your tumor.xpt dataset.

BTW have you ever considered to participate in FDA SEND pilot project? See details on http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/E7-19468.pdf

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy Sirichenko

b Bedeoan
on January 9, 2013

Thank you for the feedback, Sergiy!

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.