m M
on

I get SD0062 Incompatible data source error when I try to validate SDTM 3.1.1 dataset through the production release of the validator.  The .xpt file is a valid file as I can view it using SAS Viewer.  The error occurs with all the domains.  There is no log message in the trace.log and the error message is rather vague so I am not sure where to look for the source of the problem to try to fix the issue.  Please advise how to overcome this error.

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on March 8, 2010

It's difficult to say what's wrong without seeing the data file.

1. XPORT vs. CPORT engine. Most likely it's not your case, because SAS viewer can not read CPORT files.

2. Single XPT file may contain more that one dataset. Please check this.

3. Anything related to data

4. Anything related to the tool

The best way to resolve this issue is to give your dataset to the tool developer or support team.

Could you published or e-mail at least a xpt file header?

m Max
on March 16, 2010

We figured it out. The issue is with the header records in these particular .xpt datasets, which seem to violate the SAS XPORT specification (http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts140.html).  Based on the specification, header records that are less than 80 characters long should be padded with ASCII blanks characters. However, these particular datasets had the header records padded with non-blank characters:

Bad Header:
HEADER RECORD*******LIBRARY HEADER RECORD!!!!!!!000000000000000000000000000000LI
Correct Header:
HEADER RECORD*******LIBRARY HEADER RECORD!!!!!!!000000000000000000000000000000

What’s so interesting about this issue is that it only affects datasets generated by SAS running on mainframe. Datasets generated on UNIX or Windows do not exhibit this issue. This looks like a SAS bug.
We have created a patch to compensate for this issue and have released it as part of v1.0.1 service release. If you are affected by this issue, please download the latest release of the Validator here.

Thanks,
Max

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.