t Takayuki
on

SD0062 is defined as the "Reject" by PMDA, but it is the "Error" in P21C.

Is this a bug?

Regards,

Takayuki

Forums: SDTM

j Jozef
on October 12, 2016

I think the "severity" of "Reject" is correct.
I did a search and found https://www.pmda.go.jp/files/000208573.pdf (slides 17 and 18) where this is stated. I did not find the official source for this on the PMDA site (maybe it was not translated yet).
Does the validator state anything else when applying the PMDA rules?

However, the error message let me think. It says "Domain table must have a valid format (e.g., SAS transport (XPORT) v.5 or text-delimited)".
First of all, the wording "e.g." should never appear in a rule. It makes the rule "fuzzy".
Then we read "text-delimited". OK, that's interesting.
It doesn't state what exactly is meant by "text-delimited", nor what the delimiting characters may be. Interesting in this context is that XML is essentially also "text-delimited", as the information is separated (delimited) by ... XML tags, the latter describing what the piece of information is.
So, does this mean we are allowed to submit SDTM in Dataset-XML format to the FDA or PMDA? Unfortunately not ... :-(

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.