n Nancy
on

We are using OpenDISC Validator 1.3  I have copied the licensed MedDRA Ascii files into their separate sub-folders (14.0, 14.1, 15.0 and 15.1) as instructed in your documentation “Configuring OpenCDISC Validator for MedDRA”.   I get the following error:

SD008 Value for AEDECOD not found in MedDRA dictionary Error 112

It seems some of the values match up,  yet others like AEDECOD=’DIZZINESS’ are missing and should be in the MedDRA dictionary as a Preferred term.   The options selected in Open CDISC were:

Standard = SDTM

Source format = SAS Transport (XPORT)

Config = Config-sdtm-3.1.2.xml (tired config-sdtm-3.1.2-amend-1.xml and got the same error)

Report format = Excel

medDRA = 14.1

Any suggestions to resolve these issues are much appreciated as I cannot find a cause or solution.  BIG thanks!    

Forums: SDTM

m Michael
on January 10, 2013

I do see 2 hits for term "Dizziness" in the SMQ Spreadsheet_14_1_English.xlsx and one in the pt.asc file.  Is the problem case sensitivity ?  Can you test your file with  AEDECOD=’Dizziness’ and see if the error goes away ?

10066964$Procedural dizziness$$10022117$$$$$$$$

Anticholinergic syndrome (SMQ)

Broad

B

Dizziness

Hearing and vestibular disorders (SMQ)

Vestibular disorders (SMQ)

Broad

A

Dizziness

Also note that the definition of SD0008 specifies define.xml.   Please ensure you did not override meddra with your own codelist in define.  

ID

SD0008

ActiveUnless

%Variables[%Domain%DECOD].Define.WithCodeList%

Value for %Domain%DECOD not found in MedDRA dictionary

Description

Value for the Dictionary-Derived Term (--DECOD) variable must be populated using a Preferred Term of the MedDRA dictionary or a version specified in the define.xml

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.