b Barry
on

I'm running OpenCDISC Validator v1.4, using the 3.1.3 config file, against a SUPPPC XPT data file.  The report generated indicates the error SD0086 "SUPPQUAL duplicate records" in the data.  I've looked at the data and there are no duplicates in the SUPPQUAL data for the variable combination in the report.  I've attached a subset of the data that duplicate this problem and should allow you to see the same.

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on June 28, 2013

Hi Barry, 

I am not sure if you can attach any files to forum messages. Please use my email instead.

Thank you, 

Sergiy

sergiy( at )opencdisc.org

s Sergiy
on June 28, 2013

Thanks for sending your sample data!

The reason for your false-positive messages is that values of an IDVARVAL variable look like very long integers. E.g., 12345678901234567. The validator considers them as numeric values. An unexpected conversion of a character value into its numeric representation leads to loosing precision of original values. As a result some of them become duplicates.

This is a bug, which will be fixed in the next release of the validator.

Thank you for catching this issue!

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.