b Barry
on

I have a comment about rule SD1087 being used to check the SE domain.  Based on my understanding of the SDTM IG, I don't believe this rule should be applied to SE data because SE is a special-purpose domain.  From my understanding, additional timing variables cannot be added to the SE variable list, just as additional variables cannot be added to the DM domain.   

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on May 1, 2014

Hi Barry, 

Requirements for population of Study Days in addition to Date/Time variables are from FDA rather than from CDISC SDTM IG.

See recent FDA's "STUDY DATA TECHNICAL CONFORMANCE GUIDE" 

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForIndustry/DataStandards/StudyDataStandards/UCM384744.pdf

On page 9:

". Whenever --DTC, --STDTC or --ENDTC are included, the matching Study Day variables (--DY, --STDY, or—ENDY, respectively) should be included. For example, in most Findings domains, --DTC is Expected, which means that --DY 

should also be included. In the Subject Elements domain, SESTDTC is Required and SEENDTC is Expected; therefore, both SESTDY and SEENDY should be included."

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.