b Brian
on

Hi,

I ran OpenCDISC 1.5 on some SDTM data we received from a CRO, and SD1203 popped up since PPDTC was after RFPENDTC.  I don't usually see PPDTC populated, but it seems they were strictly following the IG where this is "Date/Time of Parameter Calculations", which I assume was the date on which the PP calculations were done by the PK group.

Should SD1203 apply to PPDTC, as it seems plausible to have these calculations done after the subject ends participation in the study?

Thanks,

Brian

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on June 5, 2014

Hi Brian, 

It's a good catch! We will remove SD1203 assignment from PP domain,

Thanks, 

Sergiy

i igor
on May 14, 2019

It looks like the the same issue still exists in latest version 3.0.0 of validator. 

Sergiy
on May 14, 2019

Hi Igor, 

SD1203 rule was revised by FDA and as FDAB034 was applied to all INTERVENTIONS, EVENTS, FINDINGS, DM, SE and SV domains. 

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

j Jozef
on May 14, 2019

The background of this error being thrown is that the SDTM team abused "PPDTC" for something that is not a "datetime of collection" (that is what "--DTC" is standing for). The SDTMIG 3.2 states for PPDTC: "Nominal date/time of parameter calculations".
"Calculations" is something else that "collection". Calculations may indeed have been performed AFTER the end of the participation, especially as (also according to the IG): "PP: Pharmacokinetic parameters derived from pharmacokinetic concentration-time (PC) data", indicating that PP calculations can have been done after the PC dataset was generated, which can very well be ways after the subject ended participation in the study.

Best solutions is that the FDA makes a clear statement that the SD1203 rule does not apply to PP.

With best regards,
Jozef Aerts
XML4Pharma

Sergiy
on May 15, 2019

Hi Igor, 

My suggestion would be to remove PPDTC variable from your dataset. It is Permissible variable which stores Data Management tracking information not relevant to analysis and rarely included into submission datasets. I've heard that CDISC team even considered to remove PPDTC variable in SDTM IG 3.3. However, it is still there.

Why do you need it?

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.