d Dave
on

Using OpenCDISC Community 2.0, I just noticed something odd about the message for the test SD2018/FDAC116.  I gather the purpose of this test is to guarantee that exactly one of TSVAL and TSVALNF is populated, with the other set to missing. 

We had data that accidentally triggered this test because both TSVAL and TSVALNF were non-missing--but the message for the test was "Missing TSVALNF value", and the description in the Rules tab is "Value for Parameter Null Flavor (TSVALNF) variable must be populated, when Parameter Value (TSVAL) variable value is missing."

Given that the test does catch the both-populated condition, I think it would be useful if the message and description were updated to be accurate when this is the case.

Forums: SDTM

s Sergiy
on March 24, 2015

Hi Dave, 

Thank you for reporting this issue!

A current algorithm of SD2018 check is looking for for non-missing values of TSVAL, when TSVALNF value is populated. While it is a valid check, it's definitely not consistent with the rule description.

We'll fix this in the next release.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.