w Will
on

Hi,

I am getting AD0044 (*TM and its corresponding *DTM variable have different time values) and AD0045 (same but for *DT) flagging as an issue for datetime variables containing values prior to the year 1960 (i.e. where the underlying numeric value changes from a positive to negative in SAS using default options).

The data is an imputed date/time from a year of birth prior to 1960. The *DTM variable is needed to create a consistent method for the analysis requirements of the project, so although this doesn't seem useful it is a requirement we need to follow.

The dates and times (when using a SAS formats) are consistent between *DT, *TM and *DTM, e.g.
*TM = 33000           (09:10)
*DT = -149              (05Aug1959)
*DTM = -12840600 (05Aug1959 09:10)

I understand that this is an extreme case for a datetime variable, but can you confirm that the current implementation of AD0044 and AD0045 rules (as of Community v3.1.0) do not work correctly for datetimes containing years prior to 1960?

Thanks,
Will

Forums: ADaM

Sergiy
on April 30, 2021

Who cares about time portion in data 60+ years old?

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.