n Nitin
on

Hi, We added a variable CHGCATyN but get this error.

Thanks.

Forums: ADaM

m Michael
on April 23, 2015

Thanks for catching this.  I modified the rule to allow CHGCAT[1-9]N?

It will be available in the next release.  in the meantime you can mofidy the rule in your open source version

m Michael
on April 24, 2015

In general, should all these variables allow for N ?  The N version of the variable is not in the ADaM 1.0 IG

• BASECATy
  • CHGCATy
  • PCHGCATy
  • CRITy
  • AVALCATy
n Nitin
on April 24, 2015

Would be helpful for sure.

Thanks.

m Michael
on April 27, 2015

There is a problem.   All adam variable names are restriced to 8 characters.   So how do you add the (N) numeric version for these ?   it seems silly that Just because CHGCATy is 7 characters, that i can have a numeric version.   I guess people would have to remove the "A" from "CAT" if they wanted to have the numeric of these?   In the year 2015 with technology so far advanced, we need to question why sas xpt v5 limits us to 8 characters.   I know dataset-xml has no limitations, but that is far from being adopted and not as easy to use as tabular format at this time.

1. AVALCATyN
  2. BASECATyN
  3. PCHGCATyN

n Nitin
on April 28, 2015

Hi, I think it would be better if you just remove the last character as a rule. in this case 'T' from CAT.  

m Michael
on April 28, 2015

You are correct.  I got a preview of the section in ADaM IG 1.1 which does add these variables as PCHGCAyN ,etc..

Still there should be a bigger push in industry to allow more than 8 characters for variable names. 

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.