b Brian
on

Hi,

I was validating some SDTM domains, and noticed some QSTESTCDs that were used, but do NOT belong to the codelist.  In this case, the QSCAT = "C-SSRS SCREENING" and the QSTESTCD = "CSS0901B"...which is not correct.  I was confused since Pinnacle did not raise an error here, based on CT = 2017-12-22.

As a test, I ran these data against the 2015-09-25 CT (when the QS-FT was a separate file), and Pinnacle did give me the CT2004 error.  

I took a look at the XML files for the controlled terminology for 2017-12-22, and the Where Clause seems to be looking for "QSCAT = 'CSS09'" rather than "C-SSRS SCREENING".  I thought that CSS09 was just the synonym for this questionnaire category, not the submission value.  Or perhaps I am not looking at this correctly at all.  In any case, should I expect a CT2004 error to be raised?

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

b Brian
on August 16, 2018

As a test in the "SDTM Terminology.odm.xml" file, I changed:

<def:WhereClauseDef OID="WC.QSCAT EQ CSS09">
            <RangeCheck SoftHard="Soft" def:ItemOID="IT.QS.QSCAT" Comparator="EQ">
               <CheckValue>CSS09</CheckValue>
            </RangeCheck>
         </def:WhereClauseDef>

To:

<def:WhereClauseDef OID="WC.QSCAT EQ CSS09">
            <RangeCheck SoftHard="Soft" def:ItemOID="IT.QS.QSCAT" Comparator="EQ">
               <CheckValue>C-SSRS SCREENING</CheckValue>
            </RangeCheck>
         </def:WhereClauseDef>

And now I am getting CT2004 errors as I expected.  The CT from CDISC has  QSCAT = C-SSRS SCREENING, so I do not think that is the issue.

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.