j Jennifer
on

DD0068: Invalid use of Length error is received when validating a define.xml version 1.0 file that uses ODM 1.2

datetime, date and other ISO8601 format variables should not use Length attribute according ODM standard.

Define-XML 2.0 uses ODM Version 1.3.2 (according to the recently-published errata page previously referenced).  That ODM version states: “The Length attribute is required when DataType is text or string, optional when DataType is integer or float, and should not be given for the other datatypes.

Define-xml 1.0 uses ODM Version 1.2 (that is specifically described in the XML document in the ODMVersion attribute).  That version states: “The Length attribute is required when DataType is integer, float, or text (and can be ignored for the other datatypes).”

Therefore define-xml with ODMVersion=1.2 is not prohibited from having a length attribute.  The file should not be validated against later ODM version requirements.

This occurs in Pinnacle21 Community 2.1.1

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

p Paula
on January 19, 2017

The DD0068 query appears to fire when not needed when running Enterprise and using version 1.0 of define.  Is anyone else experiencing this in Enterprise? 

j Jozef
on January 21, 2017

The Pinnacle21 Validator is applying the Define-XML 2.0 rules independent on whether the file itself is v.1.0 or 2.0. I don't think it even does XML-Schema validation anymore (but I might be wrong on that one). Also the Schematron rules seem not to be present anymore.
If you search a bit in the "Define-XML" threads, you will find a number on entries on this, e.g. https://www.pinnacle21.com/comment/1970 (and my comment there).

s Sergiy
on January 24, 2017

Hi Paula, 

Validation rules for define.xml files are identical in P21 Community and Enterprise.

Regards, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.