m Matteo
on

Dear all,

I validated the SDTM domains of a study with OpenCDISC Community Validation and I found out some errors an warnings that in my opinion could be mistakes.

In details:

Rule FDAC036] The error "Variable length is too long for actual data" was raised for the variables VSORRES and VSSTRESC but I have checked the dataset VS and I found out the these columns have length '5', format '$5.', informat '$5.' and that there are two values of length 5 ('100.0' and '103.0'). The total number of rows of the datasets is 2261 and only 2 rows contain values of length 5.

Can the fact that the two values of length 5 end with '.0' be the reason of this finding?

Rule FDAC344] Several codes inserted into the variable TSVALCD are reported as being missing into the related codelists, but I have checked and it seems that the codes are correct

Attached you can find the report generated by OpenCDISC Community Validation.

Matteo

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

s Sergiy
on December 19, 2014

Hi Matteo, 

Thank you to be the first one found this bug!

SD1081, SD1082 checks had algorithms to generate issue messages only if length "excess" is bigger than 5 and 20 characters. A new algorithm for SD1082/FDAC036 does not include any "padding" characters. Therefore a bug is hidden anymore. We'll fix it in the next Auto-Update release soon.

Kind Regards,

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.