v Vincent
on

Hi,

When I was using P21 Community v2.2.0 and trying to select Configuration, I saw "SDTM 3.2 (PMDA)" and "SDTM 3.2". Wondering if "SDTM 3.2" is intended for SDTM 3.2 (FDA)? Thank you so much for your support!

Kind regards,

Vincent

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Philipp
on December 12, 2019

Hi Vincent,

Community 2.2 is an old version that is not supported anymore. SDTM 3.2 was named in that way because rules used in this config weren't published at the time of 2.2 release.

Newer Community 3.0 is available, it is regularly updated and has relevant engines for FDA and PMDA, so we don't recommend using version 2.2.

Thanks,

Philipp

v Vincent
on December 12, 2019

Thanks a lot, Philipp, for your prompt response. We have some agreement that we previously reached with HAs and we would like to stick to it. When I ran v2.x with Configuration "SDTM 3.2", it appeared that it was for FDA because I did not see those REJECT messages that I got with Configuration "SDTM 3.2 (PMDA)". But would like to confirm with you.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Philipp
on December 12, 2019

Sorry, could you please clarify, what do you mean by HAs? Health Authorities?

Thanks,

Philipp

Sergiy
on December 13, 2019

Hi Vincent, 

Community 2.2.0 was released more than 3 years ago. Today this version is outdated and not relevant to FDA validation.

For example, it does not include new FDA Reject rules and additional 142 new rules for SDTM IG 3.2. Also, algorithms and assignments of many rules were modified. FDA will perform evaluation of your study data using the latest available version of validation rules. Therefore, I highly recommend you to use the same approach to be up-to-date with FDA.

Please note that Community 2.2.0 is also not relevant to PMDA validation. For PMDA submissions, you need to use either the previous Community version 2.1.3 (which corresponds Enterprise 3.0.5 currently utilized by PMDA) or Community 3.x / Enterprise 4.x Engine 1511.6. For new PMDA rules you need to use Engine 1810.3 available in Enterprise 4.x or Community 3.x

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy      

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.