c Craig
on

Hi,

We have recently implemented Pinnacle21 community edition version 3.0.0, and from the looks of it the way external dictionaries are handled has changed, previous for the Controlled Terminology documents and MedDRA dictionaries are handled a user would manually add the files to the folders. For example in 2.2.0 the following paths would update the drop down-lists within the application, e.g.

...\components\config\data\CDISC\SDTM
...\components\config\data\CDISC\SEND
...\components\config\data\CDISC\ADaM
...\components\config\data\MedDRA

Within each subfolder would be a further subfolder containing the relevant files. Looking at the version 3.0.0 this is not the same, I am just curious how it works now? I have found the path where I would expect the CT and dictionary files in version 3.0.0 yet manually adding say the MedDRA subfolders (like I was able to do in version 2.2.0) does nothing in the application once I re-opened it. Note, I can install the dictionaries using the "install" button, I just have no idea where the files go once I do this.

...\resources\app.asar.unpacked\components\lib\configs\data

Previously we installed P21 on a shared server allowing all users to run it from one location allowing us to only update P21 dictionaries in one location and not for every single user. It looks like dictionaries are now saved per user.

Thanks
Craig

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Max
on May 10, 2019

Hi Craig,

All external dictionaries are now located in "My Documents/Pinnacle 21/configs/data", which has the same folder structure as previous versions of Community.

You can still add dictionaries manually like before. The wizard is just an additional feature.

Community is optimized for desktop usage. So for server, I suggest you deploy MedDRA and SNOMED to a shared location and then have each user add it to their install via the wizard. Or you can write a batch file to automatically copy files from the shared folder to users My Documents folder.

Best regards,
Max

c Craig
on May 13, 2019

Hi Max,

It took me some time but at our company we do not use the typical C drive, and we have created a solution to allow users to update their dictionaries with ease to avoid human error. I do have a further issue but will post it on a new thread. This thread is now closed.

Thanks
Craig

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.