c Carlos
on

Hi,

I tried to run P21 3.0 CLI under Windows 10 64bit, following Validation CLI, but failed.

Below is the command

java -jar p21-client-1.0.0.jar --engine.version="FDA 1903.1" --standard=sdtm --standard.version=3.2 --source.sdtm="." --cdisc.ct.sdtm.version=2018-12-21 --ndf-rt.version=2018-02-05 --report=".\report.xlsx"

And below is one of the messages from the log

Caused by: net.bootstrap.core.exceptions.LibBootstrapException: Requested engine version FDA 1903.1 is not available. Please try again later

The config files are stored at .\configs\1903.1 from p21-client-1.0.0.jar. I also tried to copy the jar file into lib folder, but failed with the same message. Is it any possible reason for it?

I also tried the similiar command under AIX UNIX, but failed with the message below

[main] ERROR net.bootstrap.core.utils.OSUtils - Failed to get OS info.
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Operating system not supported: 7

Does CLI support AIX UNIX now? Or will it support AIX UNIX in the later version?

Many thanks,

Carlos

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Philipp
on May 27, 2019

Hi Carlos,

It looks like you have tried to run this CLI validation offline. We aren't supporting offline validations from CLI now, therefore it can complain about the missing engine.

I haven't been able to reproduce that issue being online. The same command that you've used works correctly with my CLI, the 1903.1 FDA SDTM config is recognized ok.

CLI is a part of Community app, so it does support only Windows and Mac OS. AIX UNIX support isn't planned.

Thanks,

Philipp

j Jozef
on May 29, 2019

I am installing Pinnacle21 validator and the CLI application at several customers right now.

A good number of them have problems with the statement that CLI can only run in online mode. They fear that this leads to violations of European GDPR laws.
Is there a specific reason why CLI requires to be online? Does it have to do with loading (updated?) rules implementations from the Pinnacle21 server?
When CLI is started/running, what is send?

With best regards,

Jozef Aerts
XML4Pharma

Max
on June 2, 2019

Hi Jozef,

CLI requires to be online for loading terminologies, dictionaries, and rule implementations.

Privacy is a concern for everyone, not just European users, which is why Pinnacle 21 goes above and beyond to protect user privacy and the privacy of individuals who participated in studies. We understand that reading and comprehending our Privacy Policy might be difficult for some users, so we have been working on a plain language Privacy Center that we plan to launch in a few weeks. We hope this will help alleviate your customer's fears.

Best,
Max

j Jozef
on June 3, 2019

Thanks Max, I will go back to my customers with this. But my first guess is that having a privacy policy is not good enough in Europe. As I understand it, there must be  physical and electronic barriers in place to prevent that subject data ever leaves the building where the data is stored.

Also, does this mean that CLI is not using the already locally installed rules, dictionaries and codelists?

Many thanks in advance,

Jozef

k Katja
on June 11, 2019

Hi, so having the community version CLI only running on Windows (and mac) and which needs to be online ... is there a way to configure proxy settings? Typically web access in large companies is restrictred, but proxies can be used to go online.

A second question is, how to be sure about the online communication, that only configurations are loaded from the internet and nothing is uploaded (IDs, data, structure data and other)? And how to be sure that this never changes?

Thanks,

Katja

e Eugene
on June 12, 2019

Hi - 

I am having problem trying to run the CLI for validating ADaM, but keep getting "2019-06-12 00:50:31 [main] ERROR n.pinnacle21.oce.utils.ProcessUtils - CLI.4.8::Output is required::CLI needs output or report parameter defined for processing. None is found in args=Command line:..."

Below is the command:

java -jar p21-client-1.0.0.jar --engine.version="FDA 1903.1" --standard=adam --standard.version=1.1 --source.sdtm=%sdtmfile% --source.adam=%adamfile% --cdisc.ct.sdtm.version=2018-12-21 --cdisc.ct.adam.version=2018-12-21 --meddra.version=20.1 --report="c:\users\usr\documents\report.xlsx"

Any ideas? I verified the report output directory to ensure it has correct path

Thanks,

Eugene

d David
on June 27, 2019

I also have the same issue above where the warning states "CLI needs output or report parameter defined for processing. None is found in args" but the --report parameter is included and the folder exists.  The only time I don't get this message is when I write a file to my C:\ drive, but this isn't very practical and I'd like to write directly to the actual study area where we keep documents.  Is this not possible?

Philipp
on June 27, 2019

Hi Eugene,

I haven't been able to reproduce that issue. I assume that there might be a space inside %sdtmfile% or %adamfile% paths. All parameters with spaces should be wrapped in quotes so that the rest of the request including --report parameter doesn't get cut off. To check if this causes the issue you could try to put --report parameter in any position before --source.adam.

Thanks,

Philipp

Philipp
on June 28, 2019

Hi David,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce that issue. Are you sure that the only difference between successful and failed validations.was the drive in report path? 

CLI should be able to write the report to any other drive accessible in the system.

Thanks,

Philipp

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.