c Craig
on

Hi,

I am seeing something very strange when opening P21 from a shared network drive. Pinnacle 21 Community 3.0.0 has been installed on a shared network drive.

\\<server name>\<folder name>\Pinnacle 21

Now imagine the server is called "ABC01" and the folder is called "MyFolder"

\\ABC01\MyFolder\Pinnacle 21

Of course we assign a "drive letter" to this shared network drive, e.g. "Q".

Q:\Pinnacle 21

When I launched P21 from this location for some reason an empty sub-folder gets created named after the server name from the parent location, e.g. a folder called "ABC01" gets created on the "\\ABC01\MyFolder\" drive i.e. the "Q:\" path.

Q:\ABC01

Is there a reason why this may be happening?

Thanks
Craig

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Philipp
on May 13, 2019

Hi Craig,

Community is supposed to be installed in %SystemDrive%/Users/%UserName%/Documents/Pinnacle 21 Community. That's where configs, logs, reports and defines should be stored. Other Community folders including those with executables are also located under %SystemDrive%/Users/%UserName%/

If are trying to manually place resources in some other paths, that wouldn't be supported by our app.

Thanks,

Philipp

c Craig
on May 14, 2019

Hi Philipp,

Understood,what happens when the typical "Documents" folder is not found on the %systemdrive% i.e. this folder %SystemDrive%/Users/%UserName%/Documents does not exist on our machines. The typical "My documents" is not active on our machines, instead all users have a personal drive which is online, think of it like a OneDrive and not the C drive for documents.

As an example the typical "My Documents" folder = "%userprofile%/My Documents" which translates to be "C:\Users\<user name>\My Documents" however on our systems we have the "My Documents" folder on a server for each user, e.g. this "C:\Users\<user name>\My Documents" takes us to "\\ABC01\User$\<user name>\" where "ABC01" is the server name.

Thanks
Craig 

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.