m Manolya
on

Hi!

Im using the Pinnacle21 3.0.0 that covers ADaMIG v1.1 and I already have my first question:

why do I get the AD1012 message in each ADaM Domain regarding my variable “ADOMAIN”? The rule expects the variable “ADOMAI” in this case. We have other issues also where variables are ending with an “N”. 

Thanks in advance!

Manolya

Forums: ADaM

Sergiy
on May 14, 2019

Hi Manolya, 

1. We introduced validation for custom variables. 2. AD1012 rule was split into two different rules AD1012 and AD1012A

New AD1012A (Secondary variable is present but its primary variable is not present) rule is modification of previous AD1012 rule

• Algorithm of new AD1012A rule is limited to variables explicitly defined in ADaM IG specification

Previous version of AD1012 (Secondary variable is present but its primary variable is not present) rule produced many false-positive messages especially after introduction of validation for custom variables. 

• AD1012 rule was modified to apply for only custom variables
  • New message: Secondary custom variable is present but its primary variable is not present
  • AD1012 rule is downgraded to Warning
  • New algorithm requires a presence of paired variable for all custom variables which names end by ‘C’ or ‘N’ character. Custom variable means that it does not exist in ADaM IG or SDTM IG specifications. For example, ETHNIC or REGION variables will be ignored by new AD1012 algorithm

In your case, you have a custom variable ADOMAIN which name ends by N character. Therefore, AD1012 generates a warning expecting a paired variable ADOMAI.

Note, that you will not have AD1012 message in case of DOMAIN or RDOMAIN variables as standard ADaM/SDTM variables.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

m Manolya
    on May 15, 2019

HI Sergiy,

Thanks for your quick response. so that literally means that I need to rename the "ADOMAIN" variable, right? WE used this variable in all our previous studies, but with the new P21 validator, we need to change it I suppose...as it is a custom variable from our side?

Best regards

Manolya

Sergiy
    on May 15, 2019

Hi Manolya, 

I would not change my existing data. It's enough to explain your case in study documentation (adrg).

Note that it's a warning message which means "a potential data issue".

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy

m Manolya
    on May 15, 2019

Hi Sergiy,

I actually thought the same, but as per validator it is an error message (not a warning message...or maybe I misunderstood). As per above, the rule was downgraded to "Warning"?

Image removed.AD1012 error message

thank you!

Manolya

Sergiy
    on May 15, 2019

Hi Manolya, 

Thank you for good catch!

AD1012 rule should be Warning. Few years ago we introduced another dimension of complexity "filters" which manage rules for multiple publishers, tools, users, etc.

It looks like we have a bug in filters which were not updated for ADaM validation specs and overwrite AD1012 Type when create configs for Community 3.0. The issue will be fixed soon in the next release.

Kind Regards, 

Sergiy 

n Nancy
    on May 17, 2019

Hi Sergiy,

Pinnacle 21 Enterprise is still issuing this warning (actually, it's giving an error) for ETHNIC, at least, as of yesterday.

Thanks,

Nancy

r Riaan
    on August 21, 2019

Hi Sergiy,

Do you have an ETA on the mentioned bug fix for AD1012?

Regards,

Riaan

g Gyan
    on August 30, 2019

AD1012 - Pinnacle Enterprise still gives an Error but secondary variable not Present for ETHNIC.  But , Community Version does not give Error for ETHNIC. Looks like Community Version bug was fixed but not Enterprise ? shouldn't the Enterprise version get more priority ?

Thanks,

y Yan
    on July 16, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using P21 Community version 3.0.2 and the severity of AD1012 is still error. The error is on a custom variable ending with "N". For example we have a hypertension variable PXHTN and AD1012 is looking for PXHT. I believe per above discussion this issue will be set to "Warning" instead of "Error". Do you know the time frame this issue will be updated. Really appreciate the help.

Best regards,

Yang

Sergiy
    on July 28, 2020

Hi Yan, 

The latest engine in Community 3.0.2 is "1903.1" which is quite outdated (March 2019). Please wait for upcoming new version of Community.

Kind Regards,

Sergiy  

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.