l Leonid
on

Dear Pinnacle21 team.

I am trying to run Pinnacle21 from the command line. Using a bat file with this command:

"c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Pinnacle 21 Community/resources/app.asar.unpacked/components/java64/bin/java.exe" ^
  -jar "c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Pinnacle 21 Community\resources\app.asar.unpacked\components\lib\p21-client-1.0.6.jar" ^
  --standard=SDTM --standard.version=3.2 --engine.version=2204.0 ^
  --source.sdtm="c:\temp\SDTM" ^
  --source.define="c:\temp\SDTM\define.xml" ^
  --cdisc.ct.sdtm.version=2021-03-26 ^
  --report="c:\temp\SDTM\report.xlsx

Getting this error:

net.pinnacle21.oce.exceptions.CLIException: Config is required to run local validation, but was not provided or found. config=C:\Users\lz\AppData\Local\Programs\Pinnacle 21 Community\resources\app.asar.unpacked\components\lib\configs\SDTM-IG 3.2 (2204.0).xml. 

The config file mentioned in the error message indeed does not exist. Should it exist? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Leonid

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Matt
on May 27, 2022

Hello Leonid,

Checking your post it appears p21-client-1.0.6.jar has not be placed in the Community folder. Indicated in How to use Pinnacle 21 Community CLI, it mentions that "To get started using the CLI copy the CLI jar located at the path below and paste it to Documents\Pinnacle 21 Community". The default location for this is typically C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Pinnacle 21 Community. There should also be a configs folder located there.Then it will be able to locate the config based on the engine and standard version that you provide.

Also, I see you have listed --engine.version=2204.0. Once you copy the jar file to the appropriate location, could you try --engine.version=" <agency> 2204.0"? For example, --engine.version="FDA 2204.0"

A similar question was raised in an old forum post here

Kind regards,

Matt

l Leonid
on May 30, 2022

Hello Matt,

Thanks for suggesting adding the agency name to the engine, e.g. "--engine.version="FDA 2204.0". This has resolved the problem!

Leonid

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.