c Carol
on

When RFSTDTC or RFENDTC are null the criteria for these checks (SD0087 and SD0088) check the value of ARMCD but fail to check the value of ACTARMCD.  The SDTMIG states that:

"when data are submitted for subjects who are ineligible for treatment (e.g., screen failures with ARMCD=SCRNFAIL), subjects who were enrolled but not assigned to an arm (ARMCD=NOTASSGN), or subjects who were randomized but not treated (ACTARMCD=NOTTRT), RFSTDTC will be null".

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

s Sergiy
on May 1, 2014

Hi Carol,

SD0087 and SD0088 are Data Quality checks which purpose is to identify Randomized, but not Treated subjects. Also, until SDTM IG 3.1.3 ACTARM info was not included into tabulation data.

You are proposing new Data Consistency checks, which can be helpfull for QC of data programming. We can introduce them, but will keep SD0087/88 for different needs and different users.

Thank you for your new checks suggestion!

Kind Regards,

Sergiy 

s Sergiy
on May 1, 2014

Also note that a new check for RFENDTC would be a mix of Data Quality and Data Consistency categories.

All Treated Subjects must to have RFSTDTC value. However in some cases Treated subjects may not have RFENDTC value. E.g., when a study is still ongoing and they are still on treatment. 

c Carol
on May 9, 2014

You say that "SD0087 and SD0088 are Data Quality checks which purpose is to identify Randomized, but not Treated subjects". Are you saying the purpose of the checks is to force the sponsor to provide an explanation for those subjects who are Randomized, but not Treated even though they are correctly identified with ACTARMCD = "NOTRT" (nothing wrong with the data so not "fixable")?  If so, I don't argue against this.  I just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks!

Carol

s Sergiy
on May 9, 2014

Hi Carol, 

Yes, it's correct. No data fix is needed. An explanation in SDRG is expected.

Thanks, 

Sergiy

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.