j Jim
on

Hi,

I've installed Pinnacle21 Community v3.0.n onto a server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (version 6.3.9600 N/A Build 9600). When the Pinnacle 21 Validator Report runs it displays a dialog box with the warning "Unsupported OS used". Your documentation states that Pinnacle21 Community v3 is compatible with Windows. How do I fix this error please? Please note that I am not a user of Pinnacle21, I install it for others.

Thank you,

Jim Cunningham

Attached Files

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

j Jim
on November 8, 2019

Hi,

I've uninstalled Pinnacle21 Community v3.0.2 and reinstalled v2.1.3. But, I would still like to know:

• Is the newest version compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (version 6.3.9600 N/A Build 9600)?
  • If it is, how would I fix the issue detailed in my original post?

Thank you for your help.

Jim

Philipp
on November 8, 2019

Hi Jim,

Pinnacle 21 Community 3.0 is a desktop application designed for per-user installation on non-server Windows OS or Mac. 

It might still work fine if you don't move any folders of the installation or your users don't affect each other's installations. This error is just notifying you that the app wasn't tested on Windows Server OS environments.

We are working on multi-user support and customizable installation paths, so this error might be removed or at least not fire in Windows Server in the future Community update.

Thanks,

Philipp 

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.