l Leonid
on

I know similar issues were reported before, but they were supposed to be resolved. Now I am using Pinnacle21 Community 4.0.0 and trying to validate using CLI and get this error in the log:

ERROR n.pinnacle21.oce.utils.ProcessUtils - CLI.4.21::No internet connection::Internet connection is required for CLI validations

Now, there is indeed no internet connection, as the computer is intentionally hidden behind a firewall. However, why would Pinnacle21 need an internet connection in the CLI mode and not in GUI mode? The GUI validation works just fine. Moreover, another user on the same computer can run the CLI validation just fine. What could be the source of this problem?

Thanks,
  Leonid

Forums: Troubleshooting and Problems

Matt
on June 6, 2022

Hello Leonid,

To begin, I will focus on the issue of the CLI failing. Can you please provide the full log file for us to review? You may also send this to Community@pinnacle21.com. Also, from our other conversation, were you able to successfully validate then? If possible, you can provide the log file for the user that is successful as well. 

Thanks,

Matt

l Leonid
on June 7, 2022

Hello Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am attaching two logs, one with the error and the other successful. Hope you can help figure this out!

For the other conversation you mentioned, that issue is now resolved thanks to your advice, I commented in that thread.

Thanks,
  Leonid

Matt
on June 7, 2022

Hello Leonid,

There is a WARNING message in the failure log that may indicate an issue:

WARN n.bootstrap.aws.api.s3.S3ClientImpl - command='cmd-aws-healthCheck' failed with message: Failed to write encrypted file B:\pinnacle21-community 4.0.0\resources\app.asar.unpacked\components\lib\app.data

It looks like you may be missing write permissions to this location, and you should verify the folder is not locked, and that files can be written to the folder. The app.data file does not seem to be able to generate when you are running the CLI validation. This warning does not show up in the successful run. 

l Leonid
on June 8, 2022

Hello Matt,

You are right, it was the app.data file that was missing write permissions and caused the issue! Now it is resolved, thanks a lot for your help!

Leonid

Matt
on June 8, 2022

Hi Leonid,

Thank you for confirming!

Kind regards,

Matt

Want a demo?

Let’s Talk.

We're eager to share and ready to listen.

Cookie Policy

Pinnacle 21 uses cookies to make our site easier for you to use. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies. For more info visit our Privacy Policy.